Shiitake Angel Hair Pasta
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 6 ounces fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4-cup chicken broth
- 1/2-cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat; add mushrooms as the aroma develops. Add chicken stock and wine, and cook until mixture is reduced to 1/2 volume. Blend in cream, and reduce to desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and toss with sauce until coated. Serve on small warmed plates, topped with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.